Friday, October 23, 2009

Drama at the work place

Well I am not going to go into it into details but some of you know what I have been going through. Well to make it worse I am pregnant so the stress and drama doesn't help with my hormones. Well I finally got paid (for those of you who know what I am talking about) YAY after a month. Well Thursday was not a good day for me at work too. To start off we had a family of 6 boys come in to get their teeth cleaned and 5 of them were new patient, ugh. Ages ranging from 5 to 13. They were so wild, talked so loud and just plain rude and didnt know how to act, Me and my asst had to get onto them many of times. Then to make it even worse, here I am working on the 5th one and someone has the nerve to tell me I need to hurry up (just because the dr wanted them out because they were making too much noise). I proceed to tell this person that I was working as fast as I can (spoken in a pregnant ladies tone, almost as saying don't screw with me I'm preggo) So then I proceed to start crying because I am sooooo Angry, and the poor little boy was just wondering what was wrong with me. So then I dried up my tears and about an hour or two later I get the meanest old patient there is. They must have not known what I have already been through. This patient is also a new patient and I go in to introduce myself and they just looks at me like I am stupid. So I tell them we will start with some xrays and ask if they have any specific teeth bothering them at the moment. Patient says they have a tooth that has been sensitive so I asked to see which one before xrays. They then tell me that I need to be concerned with all of their teeth instead of just that one. So I try to calmly explain I need to know any teeth that is hurting so we can be sure to get a good xray and advise the dr. The patients spits some more sarcastic stuff at me and I am fuming now. Start with the xrays and did one bitewing (the easiest xray to take) and they complain because it hurts their mouth so I then decide to take a pan and tells me that theydon't think I have it all together, set them back in the room and I head to the dark room to process the xray and start balling my eyes out, then my asst comes in and is worried why I am crying so I tell him what happened and he said he will take care of the exam with the doctor. Thankfully I didn't see them the rest of the appt. So after I take a well deserved break I now have a splitting headache from stress and crying. But at the end of the day I left it all at the office and came home and hung out with my sweet hubby. Also watched Grey's Anatomy which made it all better. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

No comments:

Post a Comment